New homes in Richmond, VA that feature an outdoor living space can give homeowners an opportunity to be creative and enjoy the great outdoors. These new homes in Richmond, VA will often feature a deck or a patio; areas that can be transformed with into an real showplace.
- Changes in Latitude… changes in attitude- It all starts with attitude. Try renaming your deck “the Aloha deck,” fill it with life preservers, set up a bar in the corner, and play a little Jimmy Buffet to get the mood just right.
- Five words — Christmas Lights All Year Long! Or try Chinese Lanterns (like these from Pottery Barn)
- Try a new stain color or add a lacquer to give you a slight sheen.
- Install a privacy fence. This will give you a cozy space that is uniquely yours.
- Paint your patio furniture in a fun color scheme to liven up your space. You can add an outdoor rug and throw pillows to pull it all together.
- Convert the grass by the patio into a putting green and turn the patio into your own personal caddy shack.
- Plant kudzu around the base of the deck. A week later, you and the kids can play “Jungle Adventurers.”
We hope you enjoy these ideas to highlight your outdoor living space in your new home in Richmond, VA! Summer is just around the corner and it is the perfect time to get started.