When you are happy, your pet is happy too. Here are a few tips to keeping your new Richmond, VA home from Main Street Homes comfy, cozy and stylish.
- If you want your new home in Richmond to stay clean longer, then groom your pet. It is a lot easier to bathe your dog or cat than it is to deep clean your sofa. Regular baths, nail clipping, hair trimming and other pet grooming will help keep both your Richmond, VA home and your beloved pet cleaner and happier.
- Choose fabrics for your furniture that are easy to clean and durable. Nothing rips, attracts pet hair, or gets destroyed faster than satin, velvet, silk and chintz. Leather, pleather, Crypton and Ultrasuede are great furniture fabrics that are easy to clean, stain resistant and durable just in case your fur babies have an accident in your Richmond, VA home.
- Think about your flooring. Carpets are pet stain and odor magnets that are difficult to keep clean. Think about using hard surface floors in your house like hardwood floors, laminate floors and ceramic tiles. Hard surfaces make pet accidents really easy to clean up.
- Pets spend a lot of time in the bedroom with us. Since kitties and puppies like to sleep on the bed, be sure to use a mattress pad and cover to protect your mattress from any pet accidents. Use decorative comforters, sheets and throw pillows that are durable and machine washable. You might also want to use colors that will hide the pet hair during shedding season.
- The simplest way to keep your Richmond, VA home comfy, cozy and stylish is to vacuum and clean regularly. Pet hair can get everywhere during shedding season. Vacuuming at least once a week, or sometimes everyday if you have lots of fur babies, is a great way to get rid of the hair and the pet odor that comes with it.