Yes, the big day for Prince Williams and Kate Middleton is just around the corner. They’ll tie the knot at Westminster Abbey on Friday April 29. How will you celebrate? (Don’t worry, my invitation hasn’t arrived yet either.)
You could join TLC’s party in Times Square with Clinton Kelly and Randy Fenoli or through your own viewing party in your new home in Richmond, VA.
Here are 3 easy tips to make your Royal Wedding Viewing Party fun and unique:
- Decide on the time. Will it be a Champagne Brunch, an after work cocktail hour or something in between? You can find fun “English” recipes on BettyCrocker.com and really put that new kitchen in your new home to work. Try a royal cocktail:
Beefeater Royal Punch
2 parts Beefeater London Dry Gin
1 part Dubonnet (This is a nod to Queen Elizabeth, who “was known to enjoy gin and Dubonnet as an aperitif”)
1 part pomegranate juice
2 parts fresh lemonade
Serve in large punch bowl with wheels of lemon & lime, sprigs of mint and pomegranate seeds.
2. Create an invitation. You can be creative with this and break out your glue and construction paper but other than Martha Stewart who really has the time? Try this classic and convenient invitation fromevite.com (you’ll save on postage too).
3. Decorate! Who doesn’t love a little glitz and glam for a special occasion? You can have a great look at your Royal Wedding Viewing Party in your new home in Richmond, VA by keeping it simple and working with what you already have:
- Break out Grandma’s China! Yes, this is a great event to finally use that teapot that has been in the ‘fancy’ cabinet for years.
- Ask everyone to wear pearls. (True this is not decorating your home, but it is passively decorating your guests.)
- Print some fun free stickers and banners like the ones here and use them to decorate around the room where you’ll be watching.
- Pick up some tiara’s for your guests to wear during the party.
- White balloons are fun, easy and inexpensive
Have a great party! And if you do would you please post some photos of how you celebrated Will and Kate’s big day?