Winter is here and it can present some challenges if you are thinking about putting your home for sale in Chesterfield. There are steps you can take to make your home showing pleasant one.
Clear the Walk Way
- Shovel your sidewalk and/or a path through the snow.
- Sprinkle a layer of sand over the sidewalk and steps.
- Put a rubber mat by the front door and a container to hold wet umbrellas and shoes for rain.
Brighten Your Home
- Push back the drapes and keep the blinds partially closed if the outdoor scenery is not pleasing otherwise open them up.
- Turn on all of your lights including your appliances and closets.
- Turn off TV’s and computers.
- Make Your House Shine:
- Wash windows
- Clean out cobwebs.
- Bleach dingy grout or if necessary, re-caulk tubs, showers and sinks.
- Polish chrome faucets and mirrors.
- Clean out the refrigerator.
- If you have carpet, vacuum daily.
- Wash and wax floors.
- Dust furniture, ceiling fan blades and light fixtures.
- Empty trash and recycling bins.
Warm and Cozy!
- Turn up the thermostat. Heat your home one to two degrees warmer than usual, then set the temp back to normal. This will keep the heat from coming on when the buyer is in your home.
- Have throws on the couch or in a basket by the couch.
Create the Environment
- Many people are sensitive or even allergic to smells so go easy on the plug-in’s and sprays.
- Turn on soft music. (Classical or jazz)
- Display photographs showcasing your summer flower gardens and lush green lawns.
Give the Details
- Print out cards to place in each room to provide further information to the buyer.
- If you have a unique item or fixture in your home attach a card to it disclosing the special information.
Following these tips will help your home for sale in Chesterfield stand out from all the rest!